Robust server must be installed before setting up W4OS.
- To allow users to choose an avatar on registration, you must enable user profiles in Robust.ini (see [UserProfilesService], [ServiceList] and [UserProfiles] sections)
- Install a web assets server (see Dependencies in INSTALLATION.md)
- Download « https://magiiic.com/updates/?action=download&slug
w4os »>the latest stable release, unzip it in your wp-content/plugins and activate it.
- Visit OpenSim settings (admin menu > « Opensim » > « Settings »)
- Enter your grid name and grid URI (like example.org:8002 without http://)
- Enter your robust database connection details and submit. If you get a database connection error, it might come from a case-sensitivity issue, see (https://github.com/GuduleLapointe/w4os/issues/2#issuecomment-923299674).
[gridstatus] shortcodes in a page or in a sidebar widget
- create a profile page for registered users and include
[gridprofile] shortcode. This will display the an avatar creation form for users without in-world avatar. For accounts already having an avatar, it will display avatar details.
- To create default avatars:
- from ROBUST console (defaults creation is not allowed from the website), create users for your models. Name them according to W4OS settings: one part of the name is « Default », the other part is the name displayed on the form (for example, « Default Casual », « Default Rachel », « Default Tom »). Don’t mention e-mail address to avoid counting them as regular accounts in stats.
- log in-world with each of these model accounts and give them the desire appearance. Take a snapshot and use it as profile picture. It will be used for the web site avatar choosing form.
See INSTALLATION.md for more details.
See (https://github.com/GuduleLapointe/w4os/projects/1) for up-to-date status.
Short term (version 1.0, WordPress repository release)
- Login page (with grid FirstName, LastName and password).
Optional redirect of standard login page
- Auth with avatar credential (as fallback to wp auth).
Create new WordPress user if auth by avatar.
- Option to use WordPress name as avatar name (in this case, lock WordPress name changes once an avatar is set).
- Use avatar profile pic.
- Check if avatar password is properly updated after a password reset request.
- Sidebar grid info and grid status widgets.
- Public avatar profile
- Admin Start / Stop regions
- Admin Create region
- Admin Use sim/grid configuration file to fetch settings if on the same host
- get grid info from http://login.uri:8002/get_grid_info
- Helpers (assets, search, currency, map…)
- Use cache for grid info
- Integrate web asset server
- Admin create users
- Admin create models (from current appearance)
- Choice between Robust console or database connection
- User’s own regions control (create, start, stop, backup)
- WooCommerce Subscriptions integration for user-owned Regions or other pay-for services
Code is a mess. Don’t blame me. I want to do it the right way but I’m learning
as I progress in the project. I’ll try to put things on the right places while
getting more familiar with it. Feel free to give advices. Yeah, it’s not a
question, but you might wonder.
Can I use this plugin for my standalone simulator?
This plugin is intended for grids. For standalone simulators, see OpenSimulator Bridge.